Friday, February 1, 2013

Dino-Mite

I sat down last night needing some "mommy time." My four-year-old son had a temper tantrum, and my husband was out of town. Once I got my son calmed down, I was more than ready to make something. So, I sat down at my desk and thought I should make my son his Valentine's Day card.

I searched my library of Cricut cartridges, and I decided to use one of my favorites.... Create-A-Critter. I cut the dinosaur and words I wanted, and after glueing them on decided it just didn't look like a Valentine's Day card. Well, thanks to the help of some wonderful, crafty ladies I know, I now have a birthday card to have on hand. Hope you enjoy!


5x7 white cardstock card
Cricut Cartridges - Create-A-Critter, Alphalicious, Celebrations, Mickey & Friends
Homemade Paper
Pop Dots
Stickles
Cardstock - black, bright green, orange, light green, white, yellow, lime green

I used my Cricut Expression to cut the dinosaur from Create-A-Critter. I cut a black shadow and all the pieces for Dino2 at 3 inches. I cut my homemade paper at 4.75x6.75. The Dino Mite saying was cut from Create-A-Critter at 3 inches. The word you're was cut from Alphalicious (you're invited) at 2 inches. The grass was cut at 1 inch from Mickey & Friends. The party hat was cut from Celebrations (hat 4) at 1.5 inches. I used the pop dots to make the dinosaur stand out, and the stickles on the Dino Mite saying.

I just want to say a BIG thank you to my facebook friends for their ideas to help me make this card what it is. :)

Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment