Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bow Holder

Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend. I know I did. I have lots of projects to post this week that I worked on during my week off work. As much as I wanted to go and spend some much needed, relaxing time on the boat, mother nature did not let that happen. It was so rainy and gross out that I STILL have yet to be out on the water this year. It is July. This is sad and disappointing. Since I just got over my fear, and learned to swim at the end of last summer (you can do it to!), I was really looking forward to that first jump into the water this year. Alas, it has slipped through my fingers, and looks like it will still be a few weeks now before it will happen. Don't you worry though.. it WILL happen soon. :)

Anyway, back to my projects. The first project I worked on was a bow holder for my baby girl. She was in DESPERATE need of one because a girl can never have too many bows. (Although, my hubby says she has plenty and I need to stop even looking at them in the store, like that will happen!) So, I scoured all over Pinterest (it only took me a few minutes to find a picture of what I wanted, but no instructions). That's ok, I don't need instructions. Well, maybe it would have made it a bit easier to do, but I can figure it out. So, if you don't want to spend a long time trying to figure out the best way to do something, here are instructions. Enjoy!


So, I started with a $4 picture from Goodwill. I have to say, it was an UGLY picture, but I really liked the frame. Make sure you are looking at the frame when picking one, and not the picture inside. However, also make sure that it is going to be easy to remove the picture. :)

Next, remove the picture and sand the frame down. This is when I took the "before" picture, when it was ready to be spray painted. Then spray paint. I used a paint and primer in one so I could save a step. I put on 3 coats. However, the third coat was just because I was impatient and smudged the paint while doing the next step. lol

Once the paint was (COMPLETELY) dry, I added 6 of the smallest eyelet screws I could find to the inside of the frame. I then added my wire to make 3 rows. There are 12 hook screws added to the bottom of the frame.

After adding all of the hardware, I used a (borrowed, how my husband didn't have one I'll never know!) staple gun to adhere the fabric to the back. Ok, a few tips here. I used a fabric quarter that matched my paint. I ironed my fabric first to get rid of the lines from it being folded. Also, I stapled it THEN cut off the excess. Here's my biggest tip, get help! I wish I would have. Apparently, my little girly hand was not strong enough to squeeze the staple gun with only one hand, so my fabric is not as tight as I would have liked. If I would have asked for help, I could have had my hubby stretch the fabric to make it tighter.

Lastly, I hot glued the flowers onto each corner to add some "curb appeal" to it. I LOVE how it turned out, and all it took was some time and effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment